Of course, the advice we give freely to others isn't always advice we heed ourselves. After doing an overhaul of Firebrand Messaging last month, I came to realize that I had launched this venture without having a clear enough idea of my own dream client. As a result, I had to make some major changes after the fact, and I probably could have saved myself some headaches along the way if I'd dug deeper before I started the company and created my service offerings.
Lesson learned, right?
- Probably a female entrepreneur (although I love working with guys, too; in fact, I'm way less girlie than many gals I know). She may be single or married, child-free or child-having, but when it comes to the success of her business, the stakes are high. She supports herself this way, and her happiness is very much tied to doing what she loves, so her business matters. Big-time.
- She works in a creative and/or personality-driven field of some type - this might be art/design, event services, coaching/consulting or something else, but her business is definitely a reflection of her.
- She values things like honesty, authenticity, purpose, kindness, compassion, trustworthiness, sincerity and integrity.
- She's moderately well-off, not loaded but not living hand-to-mouth either. She's able to invest in herself, her interests and her business, but takes her purchasing decisions seriously. She evaluates opportunities for automation, delegation and outsourcing before jumping in, and she appreciates a clearly defined process for ensuring these resources work for her.
- She has curated her brand identity with intention - whether she utilized a professional agency or developed her brand herself, she cares about presenting a consistent image and delivering a specific experience to her clients and customers, and she wants her marketing to reflect that.
- She feels driven to share her expertise with a wider audience, and is as eager to cultivate her own professional reputation as that of her business. She recognizes that a strong blog and social media presence are an effective means of achieving that.
So...does any of this sound like you? If so, what are you waiting for? Get in touch and let's figure out how we can work together! (And if you know anyone else who may be in need of copywriting, blogging and social media content, I'd be forever grateful if you'd send them my way, too!)